The plates of settler W-Tank® are manufactured by flex molding process.
The Flex Molding process is used to obtain reinforced plastic pieces with high glass fiber content, arranged in the direction of the stress, which leads to high mechanical strength.
It consists of injecting a reactive polymer under pressure into the mold which contains the reinforcement in form of fibers, all of which is done in a controlled vacuum environment.
This process of impregnation (Flex Molding) is used to build pieces in a closed mold, making it an ecological process by eliminating emissions and consumables.
- 100% monolithic
- For vertical loads
- Settling tanks
- Allows machining on surface
- Outer chemical barrier: 600µm isophthalic gel coat (nautical quality) with UV stabiliser.
- Laminate: Purpose-built balanced multiaxial fibreglass Surfacing veil, high absorptive capacity. Specific resin for flex moulding vacuum infusion process in vinylester quality. Food-grade resin.
- Interior finish: Interior surface finished with enriched isophthalic resin and surface veil with high resin absorption capacity. Only in food-grade or high chemical resistance projects: application of specific gel coat with 500µm finish.
- The W-Tank® plates are delivered in metal or wooden boxes, facilitating transportation as a whole.
- The storage tanks, settling tanks and covers can be transported in 20-foot and 40-foot marine containers as wellas on a conventional truck.
- The easy transportation allows the W-Tank® to be shipped to any part of the world.